What is a Holistic Nutritionist?
A R.H.N. Registered Holistic Nutritionist™, is a professional trained in Natural Nutrition and complementary therapies, whose principal function is to educate individuals and groups about the benefits and health impact of optimal nutrition. Holistic Nutritionists are less concerned with the number of calories you are consuming and more with the type and quantity of food you are consuming. We promote whole foods and discourage packaged and processed food items.
What is Natural Nutrition?
One of the most crucial problems of modern civilization is malnutrition. We find enormous suffering caused by the way we feed ourselves. Natural nutrition promotes local, whole foods and considers how food is made and its source.
Scope of Practice of a R.H.N. Registered Holistic Nutritionist™
- The main services provided by an RHN include the following:
- Document client’s goals, needs, and plans;
- Evaluate client’s food selection, preparation and intake;
- Evaluate client’s lifestyle and overall feeling of well-being;
- Evaluate client’s use of dietary supplements;
- Identify client’s nutritional imbalance(s) and lifestyle habits;
- Work with other health care professionals, if applicable, in order to determine all nutritional and lifestyle-changing needs of the client, including referring client to other health care professionals as deemed appropriate;
- Support the progress of the client’s health goals by creating an individualized wellness program, which will include the use of whole, nutrient-dense foods; menu plans; natural source supplements; and lifestyle modifications – including the use of non-toxic, environmentally friendly household/personal products;
- Provide further guidance to the client, if necessary, by explaining food labels, and by offering food preparation techniques and shopping tips;
- Guide the client in the implementation of a long term personal health plan, provide education when necessary, and offer ongoing assessments;
- Monitor the client’s personal health plan in order to reinforce participation in the achievement of the health goals;
A R.H.N. can help with weight loss, aches and pains, headaches, allergies, specific food diets and more! We are happy to educate you about food labels, how to grocery shop and provide recipes to transfer your pantry into an abundance of healthy choices!